Students can meet individually with our dedicated academic skills coaches to learn how to:
- Understand themselves as learners.
- Manage their time and the demands of their courses.
- Apply efficient learning strategies.
- Develop effective study plans.
- Improve the results of their study efforts.
Students can also participate in a formal academic coaching program, My Academic Plan (MAP). Students who participate in the MAP Coaching program will map out what is needed for their academic success and develop a specific plan for reaching their goals.
A MAP Coaching Program student will:
- Determine why you are in college, your academic experiences, and available resources;
- Identify your academic strengths and areas of growth;
- Complete a learning skills inventory and discuss the result with your MAP Coach;
- Develop a plan for meeting with your Academic Advisor;
- Develop a plan for meeting with your instructors; and
- Develop measurable goals related to your academic success
A 3-session minimum is required to participate in the MAP Coaching Program.
To make an appointment, visit our office, call us at (301) 314-7693, or schedule an online appointment. View the appointments page for detailed instructions.
(Note: Mozilla Firefox is the preferred web browser).